Mine craft server might sound unusual, but it’s of great significance today. The server is one among the player owned multi player game server designed for the 2009 mojang video game. The server is potential enough to all two or more player s to play the game mine craft together. One can easily down load it now. So you might be thinking of how to make a minecraft server for free. That’s damn easy now and you can also set up or download the server file needed to set up your own server from the source. To host it begins with reliability on your system that you need to rely on the residential internet connection to deliver the low latency which is required for the best game server experience.
Creating the virtual machine
Creating a virtual machine to host the mine craft server is important before you learn for how to make a minecraft server for free. Once you login to the oracle cloud dashboard, click on “create a VM instance” on the home page.
Next moment enter a name for your VM and click on the “show shape, network and storage options”. Do make sure that you pick the free shape always. It’s an option that you will know it as an “SSG KEY” to log in and that is completely fine.
How to download
How to make a minecraft server for free is here with the guide for how to install the JAVA and make it up to date on the computer that will host the server and you can run it with the jar files.
- Move to the website and download the mine craft_server.1.XX.X.jar file.
- Next download it and make the folder on the desktop to maintain all the server files in and you can name it as the mini craft server.
- Drag over or copy and paste the jar file into the mine craft server folder.
- If you have the file browser opened, then open the command prompt from the start menu.
- You can check if the java is installed in command prompt by typing without any quotes and that must be the JAVA version.
- Start the server need to change the directory to the location where you have the mine craft server folder and the jar file located into it.
- You can easily find the directory in the windows by simply clicking on the browser directory.
- Next copy the address to the clip board. This must be typed without quotses”cd” hit space and then paste the address that is just copied, then hit the enter key .
- Type the code into your command prompt manually without the quotation marks after inputting the directory.
- Hit enter and after running the command, it is noticed that there will failure to load properties error along with failed to load the eula.txt. Do not worry as you will need to run it again with the command once that have configured these files.
- Back in the mine craft server folder open the “eula.txt” file that has been created with the text editor.
- You will also see a server properties as a file if it does not appear like an editable text file, right click it and then click” open with” click” “more apps” if you are on windows 10 and scroll down and then select your text editor or notepad. The app would always be used in the app to open properties files. If you would like to avoid repeating this step every time when you want to edit the properties file and other kind of properties files.
- You will met with many settings so we will be next be focusing on the core ones to get your server running. Then take note of the query. Port setting as this is the port your will need to forward on your local router to allow other inbound connections.
- The game mode setting is going to permit with settings allowing you setting if you would like to play survival or creative. Specify what you would like by the typing after the “=”.
- The spawn- protection specifies with the radius of blocks in the server spawn that cannot be broken and you can then change this to 0 and can maintain it if you like them to be broken.
- The allow nether specifies if you think of how to make a minecraft for free and this would talk about the radius of the blocks in the server spawn that cannot be broken.
- This wouldallow nether specifies if you like the nether on your server.
- The level seed would allow you insert the seed to generate from the main server and the Motd sets the message in the mine craft server browser that other players will see once they have added the IP to the list.
Hence the above can be the easiest way to rerun the lauch command in the command prompt and the server must be running. So it’s repeated 8 to 9 times to launch the server again with providing best solution for how to make a minecraft server for free.